Monday, November 15, 2010

WPJA, BABY!

Since the first time I visited the WPJA website, years and years ago, I quickly understood what it was: a career goal. If I was going to dedicate myself to being a wedding photographer, this is where I needed to be.


"The Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA), an International, membership-based organization, represents professional photographers skilled in the documentation of weddings and events in a candid, unobtrusive style. The WPJA was founded to uphold excellence in the area of wedding photojournalism."

I would peruse the site every wedding season, checking out the latest award-winning photographs from the site's quarterly competitions. I would get inspired. I would find the most talented wedding photographers in the country and enjoy their websites all night long.

And finally, after 5 years of developing my craft, I applied, despite the strict membership guidelines. And... I GOT ACCEPTED!
I am now a member of both the WPJA, and the Artistic Guild as well!
(This is the equivalent of being promoted when you're self-employed.)



I couldn't be more excited to enter my own photos in to the contests and continue to further my craft in this field. I love this job and the challenges of this industry. To check out loads of ridiculously amazing wedding photographers from around the world, please visit: WPJA and AG|WPJA

No comments: