Friday, April 29, 2011

A Wedding Wedsite, err.... WEBsite

It's 2011 folks. We communicate via text and keep in touch via Facebook. So, of course, we share our wedding details via website. (And then blog about it!)


When it came time to chose a place to build and host my website, I found a plethora of options. But many of the free sites just didn't have the features or design quality I was seeking. So, after much research & a few trial runs, I finally settled comfortably into my new Wedsite account.

While I'm usually all game for FREE options, the website is the really the first impression of the celebration I'm planning and it's worth a little extra to make it perfect. Also, I'm using the RSVP feature to keep count of all of my guests & their contact information & this alone saved me $$$ in RSVP cards/more postage/more paper waste.


Beyond that I love these other features:

- Custom Domain. We set our up with a custom domain, SmattWedding.com as Smatt has been our nickname since we fell for one another during the Brangelina era. (Sam + Matt = Smatt)

- Ability to add LOTS and LOTS of photos. I put up a folder of photos for each of our bridal party & families!

- Ability to add video. This was fun, especially on the page we share information with travelers.

- Extremely customizable and attractive templates.

- All the classic must-have features: poll, countdown, and guest book.

No comments: