Thursday, July 29, 2010

Meet My 2nd Shooter: Matt Moore


For more then 4 years, the talented Matt Moore has been my other half on wedding days. As both my boyfriend and my favorite 2nd shooter, if you've booked a wedding with So Many Moments, he'll likely be snapping your portrait soon. I figured you should get a chance to know him, so I gave him a quick interview to share with you. I'm also going to post a few of my favorite photographs of his.


Do you know many weddings we have photographed together?
I have had the pleasure of photographing 43 weddings with you so far, with another coming up this weekend!

Our style of wedding photography is very centered around fleeting moments. Is there a moment in history you wish you could have been there to photograph?
The moon landings, of course!

How do you feel about film vs digital and the changes that have come about in our lifetimes thus far?
It is incredible. My parents were wedding photographers, so I have seen the change firsthand. Digital allows people to take chances that the average photographer couldn't afford to take shooting film. This has brought about the elevation of wedding photography to a critically-respected art-form. This is so exciting because it pushes photographers to take better photos, instead of taking the same posed pictures at every wedding.

What is your favorite lens?
The 24mm f/1.4

Wait, we don't have that.... Yet.
And once I get one, I'm sure there will be another one I will want more.

What do you like best about your job photographing weddings with So Many Moments?
The unpredictability and the challenge of a dynamic shooting environment. Oh yeah, weddings are REALLY FUN too!!


With my best James Lipton impression, what is your favorite word?
With my best Arnold Schwarzenegger impression, Analog.

What is your least favorite word?
Conventional.

What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of snow falling in the woods while skiing.

What sound or noise do you hate?
Early-morning: construction; pressure-washing; lawn-mowing; and rock-breaking.


What profession, other then yours, would you like to attempt?
Crew on a sailing vessel. I really love the ocean, and if I'm not near the mountains, I love to be on the water.

What does El Strobisto mean?
It's spanish for The Strobisto.

No comments: