Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tattoo shop


I've finally started working a bit up here in Portland! It'll take some adjusting to taking a bus rather then the comfort of my car and the familiar scenery that is FL.

Anyway, a hip, new, urban magazine called HouseInk set me up on the shoot with a tattoo shop for an editorial bit. The shop is all custom, no flash art on the walls! It reminded me of Mason's shop in Orlando. The artists really have to ROCK to pull this off, and these guys at ColorBomb (or whatever they're changing the name to) are great. The paintings on the walls are a solid first indication. As for shooting them, I didn't have to do much but let them just hang outside the shop with their cigarettes and puppy!




Here's their guard dog. :)


It might be a bit of a slow start up here but even moving across the country hasn't slowed me down in the sunshine state. I'm nearly booked solid through the holiday season! WOO HOO! Looking forward to shooting you Florida! :)

2 comments:

Hemant Saluja said...

Hi,
Tattoos really make a person cool, and I will try to visit your shop.

===================================

neha trehan
look4ward

Double Dipping said...

weirdly enough sam...i know the owner of colorbomb (i think its called jackelope or something now) tyler ... he used to be friends with my little brother norbert. small small world.